Is taxing pop going to help?

Regarding the ways that people and the media are trying to make us healthier, I myself think it is working. The movie Super Size Me affected me greatly. I watched the video in gr.9 for food and nutrition and was disgusted by Mac.Donalds and haven't eaten it since. I only ate it once during the year since it was my only means of food on the road to the U.S.A., otherwise i would not have eaten it. On some people it has affected us greatly like me and my friends, but on the other hand it has not affected people that much. I heard this girl state that she watched the movie three times already yet she still eats Mac.Donalds regularily. So I guess it depends on the person itself. My friends still eat it but not as much.


Some people might be affected using the scare campaign, but for fearless people they probably don't really care much about it. Also the video/picture of a scare campaign could disgust a person from not eating a certain type of food but because they're not exposed to the media or that certain video regularly so the video will disappear from the persons conscious mind and will start eating the food once more.



In most ways these photos make me want to become a healthier person. Also anyone who loves to eat will probably get discouraged by these photos and want to become healthier.

Yes i think that obesity in our nation is growing at a fast rate and needs to be solved. The rate of obesity these days according to the national statistics of Canada is going up around 25% since 2007.



The video in original Mary Ward blog about the Anti-soda campaign disgusted me. Yet I still drink pop every few days. The video did disgust me for a few days but because i do not have constant repetition of the video I'm not as affected. Also because i originally do not drink that much pop in the beginning anyway it probably doesn't affect me much.

If there comes a time when junk food like pop and chips get taxed then i will probably not eat junk food anymore. Money is hard to come by these days and i would rather eat healthy and save my money then go broke and eat a few days of bliss.


My ending statement is that if people are really willing they will pay as much as they have to just to get their junk food. Taxing pop in Canada may or may help. As always it always depends on the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment